The Deviock Parish Area
Deviock Parish was founded in April 1997 from the southern section of the former St. Germans Parish combined with a small element of St.Martins by Looe (that is West Seaton, Trelowia and West Hessenford ) and an even smaller element of Morval comprising the Bickham Farm complex.
The Parish is most noteworthy for it’s scenery and as befits a coastal Cornish parish which bestraddles a Cornish river, the wildlife complement and the variety of habitats displayed is second to none.
The parish includes the settlements of Hessenford, Seaton and Downderry and the population in the 2001 census was 1341. The parish occupies an area of 2,108 hectares (approx 5,000 acres).
Deviock civil parish has three electoral wards – Hessenford (139 electors), Seaton (249 electors) & Downderry (719 electors).
Deviock Parish Statistics
The Parish lies within the Caradon district of Cornwall, covering an area of just over 5000 acres (2108 hectares). There are over 200 children under 18 years bringing the population to just over 1300 (Births and immigration exceed deaths and emigration so the population, along with the number of houses, is growing )